It used to be universal…everyone needs to drink at minimum 64 oz of water/day. That’s not the case anymore. You figure up how much water you should be drinking ea day by taking your body weight and dividing by half. That’s how many oz of water you should be drinking/day.
Here’s some tips to help you get your water intake up:
- drink 8 oz of water upon waking up (bonus–this also helps your metabolism going too!)
- Experiment with different kinds of cups and water bottles to find one you love. (I’m married to my 32 oz Rubbermaid water bottle!)
- There’s an app for that! There’s all kinds of them and you can keep track of how much you’re drinking and even set reminders for you to drink. (I have a droid and I use “Water Your Body” which was free)
- Flavor your water. No, not with Mio or powders…use fresh fruits and veggies such as strawberries, lemons, cucumbers, etc.
- When you think you’re hungry but it’s not feeding time yet, drink up! Studies have shown that “hunger pain” is actually your body telling you to drink!
- Take your water with you EVERYWHERE! When you run errands, grab it and go just like you would your wallet or purse. Make sure you take it in the store with you too!
- Drink 8 oz of water before you eat.
Hope these tips help you!
Would you like accountability on your health and fitness journey? Along with more tips like these? Click HERE to join my upcoming free challenge group! I can’t wait to help you on your journey!